These Hotels Give You the Most Bang for Your Buck, According to TripAdvisor
The travel site just announced its Travelers' Choice Awards.
Okay, it may be snowy or frigid wherever you are right now, but it’s never too early to start thinking about sunnier days, especially where you’re going to go this spring or summer. Don’t we all want to wear sundresses and flip flops instead of parkas and snow boots at this point? To help with the planning process, TripAdvisor released a list of winners for its 2018 Travelers’ Choice Awards.
While most of the categories are the same this year, like Top Hotel in the World and Top Hotel in the U.S., the travel site introduced a new category this year that will be a lifesaver for bargain-hunters everywhere (and really, who doesn’t appreciate a good deal?)—the Top 10 Travelers’ Choice Value for Money Hotels in the U.S. All of the winning hotels in this category offer average rates that are at least 20 percent below the city average and cost less than $300 per night when compared to other rates on TripAdvisor.
You might assume that a budget-friendly hotel might have some questionable accommodations, or not be in a popular destination, but think again. The hotels in the “Value for Money” category all have at least four stars, plus four bubbles on TripAdvisor (the site’s user rating system is based on five bubbles). Additionally, they’re located in big, tourist-friendly cities like Miami, Las Vegas, San Francisco, and Orlando. So yes, you can have your dream vacation without breaking the bank.
Take a look at the top 10 list below, along with its TripAdvisor average annual rate, and see the complete list of awards at tripadvisor.com.
- La Maison Hotel in Palm Springs, California: $214 per night
- Hotel Granduca Austin in Austin, Texas: $250 per night
- Hotel Valley Ho in Scottsdale, Arizona: $270 per night (pictured)
- Silver Cloud Hotel – Seattle Broadway in Seattle, Washington: $255 per night
- The Hotel of South Beach in Miami Florida: $260 per night
- Platinum Hotel and Spa in Las Vegas, Nevada: $210 per night
- Quarter House Resort in New Orleans, Louisiana: $178 per night
- Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco, California: $247 per night
- Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek in Orlando, Florida: $266 per night
- Kimpton Donovan Hotel in Washington, D.C.: $278 per night