What Do You Do to Cope on Sunday Night? A Quiz
Last night as I was madly vacuuming my kitchen floor, in a (no doubt) vain attempt to exert a bit of control over the beginning of my week, I realized that all across America, there were probably women who were looking at their calendars with something approaching dread and finding their own special ways to cope. What, I wondered, do other women do to cope with the Sunday-night crazies?
2. Have a stiff drink, or maybe two.
3. Sit down with your calendar and your husband/partner/self and have a productive conversation about who is doing what for the following week.
4. Yell at somebody.
5. Go to the gym.
6. Say “Oh, what the hell” and go to bed at 7:30. With a good book. And an Ambien.
7. Make a big pot of something nutritious that you know will last for 3 days.
8. Have friends for dinner.
9. Go out to eat.
If you answered:
1. Do I know you? This works for me too! Until the dog starts shedding the next day.
2. OK, I’ve been there. But I’ve found that the second drink interferes with my sleep, and so cancels the improve-Monday intent.
3. Will you tell me your secret? What if I pay you?
4. I’m not going to comment on this one. You’ll have to talk to my family.
5. My gym closes at 6. Otherwise I would be there, really, for sure.
6. If I got in bed at 7:30, who would put the kids to bed? Also, if you take an Ambien at 7:30, aren’t you awake by 3 or something?
7. I’ve heard about this.
8. I’ve also heard there are people who do this. I tend to admire them from afar.
9. This, I’ve decided, is the golden ticket. This is what we did last night after I vacuumed. And if I had all the money in the world, this is what we would do every single Sunday night!