FeaturesCOMFORTS OF HOME, pg. 92
Warmth, softness, familiarity, security. Discover the comforting details ― a blazing fire, a soft fleece throw, a toe-tingling shag carpet ― that will transform your home into a soothing haven for body and soul.
COUNTRY BOOT, CITY BOOT, pg. 100
Versatile, practical, and perennially stylish, boots beg to be worn as shoes this season. Real Simple tries on 17 pairs; you'll find one ― or two ― just right for you.
CHEESE COURSE, pg. 110
Say "decadent." Say "delicious." For easy entertaining, say "cheese." These tasting tips, recipes, and a guide to the most popular varieties will help you make the cut.
SISTER PACT, pg. 118
Growing up, they were inseparable. Now in their 30s, both diagnosed with breast cancer last year, Kimberly London and Kathy Bogomolov fight the battle of their lives together.
THE POWER OF TOUCH, pg. 124
A brighter mood, a stronger immune system, an overall sense of well-being ― touch benefits us in many ways. Find out how to make the most of its healing potential.
- SYSTEM: Wardrobe repair kit, pg. 47
- FOOD: Milk alternatives, pg. 52
- FITNESS: Healthy knees, pg. 59
- ETIQUETTE: Difficult situations, pg. 66
- GARDEN: Office plants, pg. 70
- BEAUTY: Hairbrushes, pg. 75
- MONEY: Utility-bill saving, pg. 79
- HOME: Easier errands, pg. 82
- FAMILY: Emergency plans, pg. 88
In Every Issue
- THOUGHTS FOR THE MONTH, pg. 10
- EDITOR'S NOTE, pg. 18
- CONTRIBUTORS, pg. 24
- YOUR LETTERS
- YOUR WORDS, pg. 29
Which woman's life do you admire, and why?
- TECHNIQUE, pg. 133
- CREDITS, pg. 154
- REAL HARD, pg. 156
The Breast is Yet to Come
- EASY UPGRADES, pg. 32
Almost effortless ways to improve your life ― in the kitchen...in the bathroom...at work...at play...at rest...and more
- BOOK CLUB: GREAT ESCAPES, pg. 143,
A reading group and crew team in Syracuse, New York, dips into a memoir by a soul mate in Alaska.
- ONE HUNDRED ACRES, pg. 148,
The place we call home may not necessarily be our permanent address.
- PARTY LIKE YOU'RE 99!, pg. 152
You loved them as a kid. Now that you're all grown up, birthdays, more than ever, shoudl be occasions for celebration.