Featured in July 2006
See what was in this issue of Real Simple.
Second Helpings, pg. 31
With a little imagination, those mismatched pieces of dinnerware collecting dust in your kitchen cabinets can find new life in another room. Here’s the dish.
101 Extraordinary Uses for Everyday Things, pg. 166
In every part of your house, everyday items ― from clothespins to cotton swabs ― are simply waiting to do surprising new things.
Now & Again, pg. 178
Why banish fall clothes to the back of your closet or bag summer dresses come September? Here’s how to wear five fashion staples all year-round.
Fast, Easy, Healthy No-Cook Meals, pg. 188
If you can’t stand the heat, try these seven dishes that come together on your cutting board. No boiling, no frying, no sweat.
That's Entertaining, pg. 244
A creative Minnesota couple share secrets for throwing memorable, stress-free parties. (Secret number one: Keep guests busy with a do-it-yourself menu.)
- Cotton on to cotton: A user’s guide to the versatile fabric (what is voile, anyway?) and how to wear it, p. 79
- Tricks for finding sunglasses that fit the shape of your face, pg. 89
- Web Exclusive: Find the Right Sunglasses for Your Features
- Save the planet ― and a heap of money on utility bills ― with these easy fixes to make your home more energy-efficient, pg. 99
- How do you deal with your best friend’s boorish spouse? Discover clever ways to handle this and 13 other complications that arise between friends, pg. 111
- Decorative wall decals that add instant style, pg. 133
- From ketchup to ice cream, a guide to removing the stains of summer, pg. 145
- Sharing is caring, until you think of all those germs on your sister’s lipstick. Medical experts explain when it’s OK to share everything from milk shakes to mascara, pg. 157
Products of the Month, pg. 49
A forget-me-not organizer that hangs on a doorknob; a juicer that squeezes out every last drop.
Healthy Habit, pg. 52
Why whole grains really do make a difference, and where to find them.
- Web Exclusive: The Best Whole-Grain Breads
Five Easy Dinners, pg. 213
A week’s worth of quick-to-fix meals.
Shopping List/Recipe Index, pg. 224
Thoughts, pg. 6
Your Words, pg. 37
What household object do you rely on most?
- Web Exclusive: More of Your Most Reliable Household Objects
In Every Issue
- Why Not? pg. 8
- Editor’s Note, pg. 24
- Contributors, pg. 26
- Credits, pg. 227
Real Simple To Go, pg. 232