FeaturesThe Changing Room, pg. 29
Few things in life are as constant as change. Whether it's cell-phone carriers or someone's mind, here's how to smooth the transition.
Home Sweet Home, pg. 126
No getaway this year? No problem. Twenty-five ways to unwind, indulge, live it up, and generally bring the vacation home.
Isn't She Lovely, pg. 134
Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, but three writers discovered that by being themselves they live up to the only beauty standard that counts.
One Vase, Five Ways, pg. 140
Sure, its starts as an empty glass vessel, but wait until you see what it can do. (Hint: Holding flowers is just the beginning.)
The No-Stress Barbecue, pg. 146
Fire up the grill and throw on some sausages for the ultimate no-sweat, sit-back-and-relax summer meal.
Why Not?, pg. 6
In Every Issue
Contributors, pg. 22
Editor’s Note, pg. 24
Credits, pg. 184
Real Simple to Go, pg. 190
Products of the Month, pg. 47
An MP3 player that can take a dip; a blender jar that chills drinks for hours; a dog soap that leaves Scratchy feeling soothed.
Easy Upgrade, pg. 50
Lemon aid: four fresh takes on summer's classic beverage.
New Uses for Old Things, pg. 54
Socks take the lifting out of moving; a money clip migrates from his pocket to your purse.
Uncommon Knowledge, pg. 58
What to eat when a medicine bottle says, Take with Food
Fake It, Don't Make It, pg. 60
Fried Chicken Salad
- Shining examples of great lip glosses for every skin tone, pg. 71
- Another glass of wine or a nice slice of cake? Sometimes the healthiest choice is not so obvious, pg. 77
- How to respond to (and ask) those none-of-your-business questions, pg. 89
- Polo shirts you can wear anywhere, pg. 97
- Shred paper in your pasta maker, plus 23 more unexpected uses for appliances you never thought you'd use again, pg. 103
CookingShopping List/Recipe Index, pg. 156
- A week’s worth of quick, easy-to-fix dinners, pg. 159
- Summer by the pint: six ways to make the most of the season's berries, pg. 177
Potato chips that satisfy any craving, pg. 171
Thoughts, pg. 4
Your Words, pg. 39
How do you make time for fun in the summer?
Paradises Found, pg. 63
Writer Elizabeth Weil on geographic touchstones, the places that make her feel most at home.
Postscript, pg. 188
An excerpt from the essay "House of Love and Bragging," by Aimee Bender.