Because she's amazing, Kristen Bell just shared her marriage tips with a fan on Instagram.
It’s no secret that Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard are serious #CoupleGoals. We love that they are always vocal about the realities of marriage, sharing with fans that they fight like regular couples and even help each other out in sticky (and sometimes embarrassing) situations.
So it’s no surprise that fans reach out to her for relationship advice, including one man who wrote Bell to ask her for marriage tips for his engaged friends. “After I was finished, I realized what I wrote is pretty much the A-Z of how @daxshepard and I keep our relationship healthy,” she wrote on Instagram. “It’s worked for us so far, so here ya go.”
In the sweet handwritten note she shared to Instagram, she outlined her tips to all married couples:
- Vulnerability always begets connection and intimacy. Stay vulnerable with each other.
- In 10 years, when the dopamine has waned, remember: Life is a crazy ride. It’s a privilege to go through it with a partner.
- Take necessary separateness. It will make your marriage better.
- Loving someone despite their faults, failings, or character defects, is the most powerful loving thing you can do.
- Rejoice in what makes the other person happy, and allow them their individual interests.
- Know that everyone is doing the best they can with what they’ve got. So get a bigger emotional tool box to fix your problems.