If you’re looking for a new page-turner to devour over your holiday vacation, Amazon’s list of their top 2015 best sellers will give you a good place to start. According to the online retailer’s new list, the top book of the year was the suspenseful thriller The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. Second and third on the list were the follow-ups to popular books: Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey as Told by Christian by E.L. James and Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee.
The list also suggests that adult coloring books are here to stay—Enchanted Forest: An Inky Quest and Coloring Book by Johanna Basford is number 13 and Adult Coloring Book: Stress Relieving Patterns by Blue Star Coloring is number 15. It’s the first time a coloring book has made the best-selling list. So if you’re looking for a last-minute gift for someone, it could make for an on-trend present.
Amazon tallied both paid print and Kindle editions of books that were published in 2015. The best-selling print book was Go Set a Watchman, while the most popular Kindle edition was The Girl on the Train.
Take a look at the top 10 below and see the entire list on Amazon.com:
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
- Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey as Told by Christian by E.L. James
- Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
- Memory Man by David Baldacci
- Make Me: A Jack Reacher Novel by Lee Child
- Rogue Lawyer by John Grisham
- The Girl in the Spider’s Web: Millennium Series Book 4 by David Lagercrantz
- Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania by Erik Larson
- Silent Scream by Angela Marsons