A homemade version of one of your favorite childhood collectibles.
This version of this article originally appeared on Damask Love.
Ready to be transported straight to the 90s when your pencil kit was filled with gel pens, refillable pencils, and an array of scratch and sniff stickers? Now you can give the retro idea a modern spin right in your own home.
In scents like Pumpkin Pie and Apple Cinnamon, these fall-themed stickers are perfect as party favors or a fun embellishment for Halloween treat bags. But don’t even think about retiring this idea once winter rolls around. This creative activity is easily adaptable for any season—try peppermint tea for Christmas, a mixture of strawberry and chocolate for Valentine’s Day, and lemon for the summer months.
Ready to get started? All you need to complete the DIY is the free printable and a few craft supplies. Gather the kids—they’re going to love this one.
What You’ll Need:
- Printer (like the Canon PIXMA MG7720 Printer) & Fall Sticker Printable
- Apple cinnamon tea bag
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Sugar-free vanilla and chocolate pudding
- Clear embossing powder
- Embossing pen
- Heat gun
- 1.5-inch circle punch
- Sticker Maker
- Print the free printable.
- Mix ¼ teaspoon of scented powder (pumpkin pie spice, apple cinnamon tea bag, or sugar-free vanilla or chocolate pudding) in a mixing bowl. Add two or three ¼ teaspoons of clear embossing powder to the mixing bowl. Stir together.
- Use an embossing pen to color the sticker. (Don’t worry: It goes on clear!)
- Sprinkle the scented powder mixture onto the sticker.
- Use a heat gun on the powder to melt and set it.
- Use the circle punch to cut out the stickers. Run each one through the sticker maker to finish the project.