12 Books Recommended by Former President Bill Clinton
He shared some of his favorite books in honor of National Book Lover’s Day.
August 9th was National Book Lover’s day, and many bookworm celebrities took to social media to share some of their favorite reads, including former president Bill Clinton.
“Reading has always been one of my greatest pleasures, so in honor of National Book Lovers Day, below are some titles I’ve read and recommend,” Clinton wrote in a post on Facebook. “I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.”
Although Clinton is best known as a politician, the list isn’t brimming with dry political guides. Instead, he recommends a few of his favorite novels, including Daniel Silva’s recently-released House of Spies, and some more thought-provoking, serious picks, like Oliver Sacks’ Gratitude.
Not only is the former president an avid reader, but he’s also a published author with four titles released that address a variety of political topics. Bill Clinton and bestselling novelist James Patterson are currently collaborating to write a crime thriller titled The President is Missing, out in 2018.
Scroll down to see Clinton’s list of favorites and shop his picks from the links below.
- Killers of the Flower Moon, by David Grann. To buy: From $15; amazon.com.
- Empire of Cotton: A Global History, by Sven Beckert. To buy: From $12; amazon.com.
- House of Spies, by Daniel Silva. To buy: From $15; amazon.com.
- A Great Reckoning (A Chief Inspector Gamache Novel), by Louise Penny. To buy: From $11; amazon.com.
- The True Believer: Thoughts on the Nature of Mass Movements, by Eric Hoffer. To buy: From $10; amazon.com.
- Yitzhak Rabin: Soldier, Leader, Statesman, by Itamar Rabinovich. To buy: From $17; amazon.com.
- Boys in the Trees: A Memoir, by Carly Simon. To buy: From $9; amazon.com.
- How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia, by Mohsin Hamid. To buy: From $9; amazon.com.
- Blindsided: The True Story of One Man's Crusade Against Chemical Giant DuPont for a Boy with No Eyes, by Jim Ferraro. To buy: From $13; amazon.com.
- Gratitude, by Oliver Sacks. To buy: From $11; amazon.com.
- Warnings: Finding Cassandras to Stop Catastrophes, by Richard A. Clarke and R.P. Eddy. To buy: From $18; amazon.com.
- High Noon: The Hollywood Blacklist and the Making of an American Classic, by Glenn Franke. To buy: From $18; amazon.com.
RELATED: Here’s Everything Lin-Manuel Miranda Read on Vacation