Real Simple’s No-Obligation Book Club
You love curling up with a classic novel. You love talking with friends about the latest Jodi Picoult bestseller. But you can’t stand the obligations of a book club. (What time? What place? Who’s bringing the chip dip?)
We feel your pain. That’s why RealSimple.com has started the No-Obligation Book Club.
No time frame, no deadlines, no obligations: just the pleasures of reading good books, as suggested―and led―by Real Simple editors. The goal is to get the benefits of a book club...without feeling overwhelmed by rigid schedules.
Here’s how it works:
1. Every month, a Real Simple editor chooses four great books (to check out what the club has covered so far, click here.)
2. You get to vote on which should be read for that month.
3. During the month, the editor will read along with you, posting her/his own insights about the book and guiding the discussion.
4. You can chime in with your own comments or just follow along…no obligation. Nice, isn’t it?
5. Every month a different book will be featured―but you can always go back and comment on older discussions or previous books.
There’s no formal enrollment. To join the current discussion―or to just see what your fellow readers have to say―click here. You’ll find links to the latest posts just under the headline and introduction. (You’ll need to set up an account to add comments to posts, a simple sign-up process.)
Check the site regularly for new No Obligation Book Club posts, or―even easier―register to get updates delivered to you, either by e-mail or RSS feed, whenever a new post goes up. To subscribe, simply click here, then scroll down to the No Obligation Book Club line and choose how you would like to receive your news.
Ready to start reading? Join the club―we’re happy to have you with us!