The editors at Amazon have rounded up their picks for fall’s new releases. Time to load up that shopping cart!
As August rapidly comes to a close and kids zip up their backpacks and head back to school, it’s time to start looking forward to fall reading. This week, the book editors at Amazon released their 2016 Fall Books Preview, a list of the most anticipated books of the season. The list spans genres such as biographies and memoirs, cookbooks, fiction, mystery, and children’s books.
“As editors, we look forward to fall because it’s the biggest season for new books and a great time to highlight picks we think readers will enjoy,” Amazon Books Editor Chris Schluep said in a statement. “Our team sifts through hundreds of titles to curate a list that includes fan favorites like John Grisham and Stephenie Meyer, and authors that readers may not have discovered yet, like Maria Semple and Sabaa Tahir. We hope readers get as much from these books as we did.”
Twenty books made the online marketplace’s “blockbuster list,” including Bruce Springsteen’s highly anticipated, first-ever memoir, Born to Run, and White Teeth author Zadie Smith’s Swing Time, an ambitious new novel, set in North West London and West Africa, about two girls who dream of being dancers and how their friendship unfolds over decades.
Read on for the entire list of Amazon’s blockbuster list below:
- Apprentice in Death, by J.D. Robb — $17, available September 6
- Razor Girl: A Novel, by Carl Hiassen — $22, available September 6
- Bloom County Episode XI: A New Hope, by Berkeley Breathed — $13, available September 13
- Home, by Harlan Coben — $20, available September 20
- Born to Run, by Bruce Springsteen — $20, available September 27
- Crooked Kingdom: A Sequel to Six of Crows, by Leigh Bardugo — $11, available September 27
- Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, Book 2 of The Hammer of Thor, by Rick Riordan — $11, available October 4
- Two by Two, by Nicholas Sparks — $20, available October 4
- Winter Storms, by Elin Hilderbrand — $16, available October 4
- The Chemist, by Stephenie Meyer — $24, available November 8
- The Secret History of Twin Peaks, by Mark Frost — $22, available October 18
- Here I Am: A Novel, by Jonathan Safran Foer — $21, available September 6
- Moonglow: A Novel, by Michael Chabon — $22, available November 22
- The Whistler, by John Grisham — $20, available October 25
- Swing Time, by Zadie Smith — $19, available November 15
- 99: Stories of the Game, by Wayne Gretzky — $28, available October 18
- Today Will Be Different, by Maria Semple — $18, available October 4
- A Torch Against the Night, by Sabaa Tahir — $14, available August 30
- Small Great Things: A Novel, by Jodi Picoult — $22, available October 11
- The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo, by Amy Schumer — $18, available August 16
To find more great additions to your bookshelf, check out Real Simple’s best books to read this month.