Itching to do tackle some more advanced projects? Check out these helpful guides for easy-to-understand how-tos.
- Dare to Repair, Replace & Renovate, by Julie Sussman and Stephanie Glakas-Tenet (HarperResource, $17, amazon.com). A do-it-herself guide with a smart approach to home repair.
- Troubleshooting Your PC for Dummies, by Dan Gookin (For Dummies, $25, amazon.com). This straightforward guide makes finding the solution to a specific PC gripe easy.
- Reader's Digest New Fix-It-Yourself Manual (Reader's Digest, $35, amazon.com). It's more in-depth and technical than most home-repair books.
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Auto Repair, by Vyvyan Lynn and Tony Molla (Alpha Books, $20, amazon.com). A quick read with easy-to-follow advice on the basics of car repair and maintenance.
- Auto Repair for Dummies, by Deanna Sclar (Wiley, $22, amazon.com). A basic but thorough guide to car repair and maintenance. It also offers tips on how to keep your car looking its best and how to deal with car emergencies.
- Country Living Gardener Gardening Basics, by Ken Beckett (Sterling, $20, amazon.com). A visually appealing book that helps you design, create, grow, and maintain the garden of your imagination.