Guests will never know you made these yourself.
Any nearly wed knows how expensive planning a wedding can be. Some costs—the price of the venue, the dress, the food… need we go on?—are to be expected, but a bill of $100-plus for table numbers?
Rolling up your sleeves and getting a little creative in some areas—think: table numbers, favors, a guest book, and even welcome bags—can really help cut costs. Plus, guests love seeing a little personality shine through in the wedding décor.
For those who are intimidated by the idea of crafting anything (let alone for something as important as a wedding), fear not: This affordable DIY couldn’t be any easier—and it’s just as pretty as anything you can find on Etsy.
What You’ll Need:
- 3-by-4-inch white or natural wood frame
- Metallic gold acrylic paint
- Number stencils
- Ivory cardstock
- Mod Podge
- Foam craft brush
- Pressed flowers
- Remove the glass from the picture frame and set aside. Paint frame with three coats of acrylic paint, letting dry approximately 20 minutes between each coat.
- Tape stencil to the frame’s glass. Paint over the number. Let dry approximately 20 minutes before carefully removing the stencil.
- Cut cardstock to 3-by-4-inches, to fit inside the frame. Using the foam brush, paint a thin layer of Mod Podge on the cardstock. Immediately place pressed flowers onto the cardstock to your liking. Let dry approximately 10 minutes.
- Using the foam brush, paint another thin layer of Mod Podge over the pressed flowers. Let dry approximately 10 minutes.
- Once everything has dried, place the cardstock (flower-side up) under the glass and reassemble the picture frame.