Wedding Tips From The Bride’s Café Blog
Need some planning tricks? Loverly's all-star bloggers share a few of their best-kept secrets.
Calling all wedding planning couples: If you're on the hunt for stylish ideas to steal (and loads of inspiration), then start following Janie, the voice behind The Bride’s Café.
1. If you’re on a budget, make hiring an amazing photographer your top priority. At the end of a wedding night, you’ll want all the memoires captured oh-so-perfectly to look back on in the years to come.
2. Before choosing a venue, first consider the number of guests you’re expecting. You’ll want to make sure the venue can accommodate the number of guests (and those guests comfortably). Remember, this is the “first dinner party” you and your better half are throwing.
3. When it comes time to picking the menu, decide if you’re having buffet-style or a seated dinner. If you’re hiring a caterer, discuss with him/her your menu options and what is most delicious and cost effective. Consider doing something fun on the menu during cocktail hour and a bit more traditional for dinner. If you’re having children at the wedding, a kids’ menu would be a wise choice.
4. Every season is unique and lends itself to creating a memorable detail. Treat your guests to something unexpected and fun. For a summer affair, set up a lemonade station to keep everyone cool during cocktail hour or serve ice cream cones after dinner. Have your florist design with “garden blooms” such as zinnias. Zinnias come in such vibrant colors and will give your reception décor a yummy summery feeling. Another favorite color palette for summer, use all white and yellow flowers in white ceramic vessels!
5. A trend Janie wishes would stick around: “I think the one floral trend that will stay around is the bouquet with the “just picked from the garden” look and feel. Brides love it!” (We do, too, Janie!)