How To: Make a DIY Paper Boutonniere
Want something unique for your groomsmen? Here's an unexpected twist on the traditional flower.
What You Need
- Cupcake liners
- Floral tape
- Branch or stick
- Safety Pin
To Make Flower
1. Cut a piece of paper into a irregular circle.
2. Cut the circle in a spiral pattern starting from the outside edge and working towards the center. (You can also draw a spiral before cutting.)
3. Starting from the outside edge, roll the spiral cut paper tightly. Continue rolling until you get to the center.
4. Release the tightly rolled flower. Glue the flower to the center paper (this will be the base of the flower).
To Make Leaf
1. Cut leaf shapes from green cupcake liners.
2. Glue liners to the base of the rolled flower.
3. Get a branch or twig and cover with green floral tape or green masking tape.
4. Glue the flower/leaf to the branch.
5. Attach a safety pin using green floral or masking tape. Ready to pin on a lapel!