Most newly engaged couples (and guests of their wedding) have heard about the major players in the online registry game. Here are five registry sites that take the industry to the next level.
Dorling Kindersley/Getty Images
- Along with products for purchase, users can register for experiences (like food subscription boxes or cleaning services) and funding (for airfare or future date nights).
- The couple decides when and where the gift gets shipped. So if they’re moving in the near future, they don’t have to worry about all those boxes just yet.
- If the couple has an expensive item on their wish list, users can contribute a portion of the cost toward that piece.
- In lieu of physical gifts, the couple can request a donation be made in their honor through this wedding fundraiser site.
- Couples can choose from 1,000 charities for 13 different causes to add to their page.
- Many couples find that they don’t need the traditional starter-kit-style registry items and would prefer help funding experiences during their honeymoon.
- The couple can register for specific tours or request contributions toward their lodging or meals.
- The site even provides thank you postcards to send out following the big day.
Feather the Nest
- This site helps couples raise money for anything related to their new home together: a down payment, renovation costs, or even furnishings.
- The money is deposited into the couple’s bank account as each donation is made (as opposed to one lump sum at the end).
Amazon Wedding Registry
- Along with a curated selection of suggested gifts, registry users can add pieces from other sites as well to keep everything in one place.
- The site provides free shipping on most orders over $49 and a 180-day return policy if the couple changes their mind about a product.
- The Thank You List feature makes sending post-wedding thank you notes hassle-free.