- 4 pounds small sweet potatoes
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 400° F. Pierce each sweet potato several times with a fork. Place on a rimmed baking sheet, cover with foil, and roast until tender, about 1 hour. Remove from oven and let rest until cool enough to handle.
- Using your fingers, carefully peel the sweet potatoes and place in the bowl of a food processor. Add the butter, maple syrup, nutmeg, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Puree until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl.