- 1 gallon apple cider, preferably freshly pressed
- 3 sticks cinnamon
- Zest of one orange, removed with a zester or vegetable peeler
- 8 whole cloves
- 1 vanilla bean, seeded and cut in half
- 1/4 cup honey, preferably orange blossom
- 1/2 cup brandy (optional)
- In a large pot, combine all ingredients and heat on low on stovetop.
- Stir occasionally until very warm, then serve in mugs with a cinnamon stick for garnish. Note: The cider can be kept warm on the stovetop all day on the lowest heat setting. Do not allow the mixture to boil.