10 Handheld Massagers That Are (Almost) as Good as a Trip to the Spa
Tight shoulders, back aches, and overall muscle soreness can happen at any time. Whether you did a challenging workout, slept funny, or have chronic pain issues, sometimes a massage is in order. However, if you can't make it to a professional chiropractor or massage therapist regularly, you can invest in a handheld massager.
"It's important to ensure your massager has a high-quality, preferably quiet motor, a comfortable handle, and customizable attachments to work every area," says Sharon Wysong, a Los Angeles-based massage therapist working on the Soothe platform.
The best handheld massagers cost anywhere from $30 to $300, so there's something for every budget. Ahead, discover 10 highly rated handheld massagers you can use to alleviate pain, relieve sore muscles, and relax in the comfort of your own home.
- Best Rated: Mighty Bliss Deep Tissue Back and Body Massager
- Best Splurge: Therabody Theragun Prime
- Best Durable: Hangsun Handheld Neck Back Massager
- Best Affordable: Viktor Jurgen Handheld Massager
- Best Heated: HoMedics Percussion Action Massager with Heat
- Best Deep Tissue: Hyperice Hypervolt Go Deep Tissue Percussion Massage Gun
- Best Compact: Therabody Theragun Mini
- Best Cordless: Renpho Rechargeable Handheld Deep Massager
- Best Quality: Sportneer Percussion Massage Gun
- Best Large: Core Products Jeanie Rub Variable Speed Massager