I Shop Amazon for a Living, and These Are the 15 Things I'm Buying This Prime Day
As Real Simple's shopping editor, I've researched and written about hundreds of products, retailers, and sales for years, so let's just say I know how to spot a good deal. Just like millions around the globe, I'm using Amazon's huge Prime Day sale as an opportunity to save on all kinds of products, including everyday essentials, investment pieces, and even a few special treats.
Editor-Loved Prime Day Deals
- L'Oreal Paris Lash Paradise Mascara Two-Pack, $15 at checkout (was $17)
- Haiku Travel Weekender Bag, $24 with coupon (was $27)
- The Drop Women's Britt Tiered Maxi Dress, $42 with Prime (was $60)
- True and Co Women's True Body Triangle Bra, $27 with Prime (was $44)
- EltaMD SPF 36 UV Glow Tinted Moisturizer, $33 with Prime (was $41)
- St. Tropez Self-Tan Classic Bronzing Mousse, $30 with Prime (was $42)
- Amazon Basics Slim Velvet Hangers, $28 with Prime (was $44)
- CRZ Yoga Women's High-Waisted Pocket Leggings, $23 with Prime (was $28)
- Mineral Fusion Bronzer Duo, $20 (was $33)
- Ravenna Home Caleb Square Barstool Set, $71 with Prime (was $119)
- Anrabess Women's Smocked Sleeveless Midi Dress, $38 (was $47)
- Zcsia Women's One Shoulder Tiered Midi Dress, $38 (was $43)
- Silkie Silk Scrunchies, $14 with Prime (was $25)
- NeuType Full Length Floor Mirror, $95 (was $107)
- Furtalk Women's Wide Brim Straw Hat, $20 with Prime (was $36)
This year's two-day shopping extravaganza features more than 1 million deals across all of Amazon's categories. And while it's a great time to save on bigger ticket items, like the high-end Samsung Frame smart television and pricey Apple AirPods Max headphones, you can find savings on budget-friendly finds, too.
I usually think of Prime Day as a time to stock up on products I use all the time, like my favorite mascara, my go-to tinted moisturizer, and the gentle hair scrunchies I use almost every day. I typically give my beauty bag and skincare assortment a quick review to see what I need, and grab anything that's marked down.
And I do the same for my closet. I almost always grab a fresh pair or two of these high-waisted leggings with pockets and an adjustable waist, which are the best workout leggings I've come across. The comfy wire-free bra that I wear when lounging or working from home is also marked down, so I'm planning to get another one. And I've already worn this smocked midi dress every week this summer, so I think it's time to get one more.
Since I moved to a new place earlier this year, I'm also planning to buy a few home goods I've been eyeing. My closet could use a few more hangers, so I'm snagging another set of these affordable velvet beauties that are designed to be space-saving. And I've had these simple and elegant Ravenna Home barstools, which are now $71 with Prime, in my cart for a while now.
And lastly, I'm planning ahead for a few getaways that are booked for later this summer, and I know this Haiku weekender bag will come in handy. This versatile find has 13,000 five-star ratings and thousands of rave reviews. It comes in several gorgeous colors, and I know it will be the perfect bag for short trips and a roomy carry-on for long flights.
There are also deals on several products I've purchased in the past—and loved. In fact, I use all of these great finds everyday. Close friends and family know I can't stop raving about these hybrid bowl plates.
Favorite Amazon Finds on Sale
There are savings aplenty to explore in Amazon's Prime Day sale. Start your shopping there, or continue to browse these editor-loved finds below. Discounts will expire when the sale ends on July 13, so you'll want to move fast to make sure you can get these deals.