I Shop Amazon for a Living—and Here's Everything I'm Getting From Its Early Prime Day Sale
Amazon's annual Prime Day sale is no longer a two-day affair. The store now offers shoppers all kinds of teaser deals leading up to the big event—and I'm ready to get in on the early markdowns.
As Real Simple's shopping editor, I research and report on the best products and sales, including Prime Day. And this year, Amazon has thousands of advanced sales, which are the best way to beat the rush and get everything you're eyeing before it sells out. I'm planning to snag discounted summer dresses, beauty and skincare products, workout clothes, and a few pieces for my new place. They're all on sale up to 50 percent off, and deals start at $7.
Editor-Loved Early Prime Day Deals
- Free People Women's Ultraviolet Dress, $89 (was $148)
- English Factory Women's Colorblock Maxi Dress, $54 (was $90)
- Cerave Skin Renewing Night Cream, $15 (was $17)
- Amazon Fire TV 55-Inch UHD 4K Smart Television, $350 (was $520)
- Ictive Racerback Workout Tank Top, $19 (was $30)
- Gorilla Super Glue Gel, $7 (was $8)
- Under Armour Women's Crossback Sports Bra, $25 (was $35)
- Libbey Can Shaped Glass Set, $18 (was $27)
- Supergoop! Play SPF 30 Lip Balm, $12 (was $13)
- Zip Top Reusable Food Storage Bag Set, $40 (was $48)
- Zip Standing Nonstick Silicone Sheet Pan Dividers, $21 with coupon (was $22)
- Rrwin Straw Elastic Wide Belt, $10 (was $12)
- ClosetMaid Six-Cube Storage Organizer, $101 (was $200)
- Simple Houseware Foldable Storage Bin Set, $20 (was $30)
Now that summer is here, I'll be reaching for light and breezy dresses nearly every day, which is why I'm planning to grab a few more. To my surprise, several midi- and maxi-dresses come with big discounts, including this neutral beauty from Free People and this colorful find from English Factory. Both will be great for the office and the trips I have planned for later this summer.
My athleisure assortment could also use a refresh, so I'm going to stock up on my favorite workout top while it's marked down. The now-$19 Ictive tank with 9,700 five-star ratings comes in 18 colors, including basics and fun hues. I love its flowy shape that drapes in the back, making it flattering and great for all kinds of activities, like hiking and Zumba. I'm grabbing a few new sports bras, too, including this now-$25 Under Armour style that comes in 27 colors.
All kinds of home decor, kitchen tools, and furnishings are also on sale, making it a great time to get items for my new home that I've had in my cart for months now. These versatile glasses, which can be used for cocktails, iced coffee, and beyond, are now just $18 for a set of four. And I'm excited to test out these clever silicone sheet pan dividers, which are sure to make cleanup a breeze.
And after binging the latest season of The Home Edit on Netflix, I've got the urge to do some serious organizing, which is why I'm buying a few storage solutions. This six-cube organizer with 5,000 five-star ratings is just the thing to add to my hallway closet. And these foldable storage bins with 38,000 perfect ratings, which come in sets of six, will be perfect for holding all the items I'm planning to store.
While Apple AirPods, Roomba robot vacuums, and Echo Dot smart speakers aren't on my shopping list at the moment, it's also a great time to buy them if you're hoping to get them on sale. Many of these early deals are likely to sell out before Prime Day even begins, so you'll want to get in on these offers before they run out of stock.
More Early Prime Day Deals
Head to Amazon's deal hub to browse the full array of early Prime Day sales, or start your shopping with these editor-loved finds below. Given this year's steep discounts, items are sure to move fast.