This One Kit Will Prep Your Skin for Wedding Season and Beyond
Whether you're walking down the aisle or supporting the couple on their big day, fresh, glowing skin is a must. With wedding season comes lots—and lots, and lots—of pictures, so make sure your skin is photo-ready with this must-have kit from Proactiv. It contains everything you need to treat acne over time to get a healthy-looking, naturally-glowing complexion that lasts long past wedding season.
- This One Kit Will Prep Your Skin for Wedding Season and Beyond
- This 10% Vitamin C Serum Made With Shiitake Mushroom Is a Must-Have to Eliminate Dark Spots
- Farm-to-Skin Is the Beauty Trend You Need to Know About—Here's What to Buy
- This Tinted Moisturizer Made Me Swear Off Foundation for Good
- These 5 Beauty Basics Are Essential for an Everyday Makeup Look
ProactivMD 3-Piece System
So, you're part of a wedding—congrats! Is your skin as ready as you are? When you're planning or attending a special event, you should start prepping your skin at least 30 days in advance. Set yourself up for success with this kit containing all the skin-care essentials like face wash, moisturizer, and targeted treatment. With these easy daily steps, you can begin to achieve a clearer complexion, no matter your skin type.
1. Start with Proactiv's effective-yet-gentle Deep Cleansing Face Wash. It's perfect for clearing out pores and sloughing away layers of dead skin cells, thanks to its Pore Resurfacer exfoliating beads. Its dermatologist-tested formula is gentle enough to use both morning and night—simply wet your skin, scrub away, and reveal fresher, cleaner skin.
2. Apply the kit's Adapalene Gel. It's the acne-busting key to the three-step routine, and is the first FDA-approved over-the-counter topical retinoid for acne. It works over time to clear current breakouts and prevent them in the future—so you're not playing an endless game of cat-and-mouse with acne treatments. This one has all the power of a prescription-strength retinoid, no dermatologist needed.
3.Finish with the Daily Oil Control Moisturizer with SPF 30. It's the last step on the path to healthy, glowing skin—and it's absolutely essential. It features surface oil absorbers to fight shine all day long, yet still delivers the moisture that skin loves. Perhaps best of all, it offers everyday sun protection (a must with any retinoid treatment) without annoying streakiness—so now you have no excuse for skipping sunscreen.
To give your skin a little extra TLC in prep for the big day, try the ProactivMD Balancing Toner. It features good-for-you ingredients like witch hazel and aloe, refresheshing skin and helping restore its pH balance. Use this toner twice a day after cleansing to help tighten the appearance of pores and remove impurities on a deeper level. It's a little extra treat-yo-self step you deserve before the main event.
The skin around your eyes is some of the most delicate on your body, so it's important to take care of it. Complete your Proactiv skincare regimen with the antioxidant- and peptide-filled Eye Brightening Serum. It's specially designed to nourish and protect the targeted eye area with a silky, rich formula. It fights common undereye problems like the appearance of dark circles, puffiness, and fine lines thanks to ingredients like vitamin C and licorice extract, and can be applied morning and night so you always look your best. This dermatologist-tested, non-comedogenic serum is a skin-care routine must even when you're not prepping your skin for wedding season.
A clear complexion can be as simple as integrating these products into your routine before your big event. By giving your skin the time it needs to improve (and giving the ProactivMD system time to work its magic), you could be amazed by the results. You deserve glowing skin you want to show off—for your wedding day and every day.
To Buy: ProactivMD Ready, Set, Glow Kit, $30 when bundled with ProactivMD Balancing Toner and Proactiv Eye Brightening Serum; proactiv.com
This content is funded by Proactiv and produced by our editorial team on their behalf.