Community Guidelines Dos and Don'ts
The community here at RealSimple.com is a place where everyone should feel welcome, so please keep these guidelines in mind when you're commenting on our site or interacting with other members. Remember, if you post any inappropriate content, it may be deleted at any time. For the full details of our rules and policies, please see our Terms of Service.
- Do Be Respectful. Arguments can happen anywhere a group gathers, but don't pick fights with other members. Try to remember that disagreements can be a learning experience for everyone involved. If you're angry at something someone else posted, take a few deep breaths and remember that it's only a website.
- Do Be Careful With Your Personal Information. If you make your profile public, any information you enter there will be visible to any RealSimple.com visitor who clicks on your Membername. It's always a good idea to refrain from posting personally identifiable information publically online, so please don't post your phone number, address or similar information. Remember that any comments you post on RealSimple.com can be seen by all visitors to the site.
- Do Report Inappropriate Posts. If you see a comment anywhere on the site that you think may break the rules, click the link that says "Report as inappropriate" and RealSimple.com staff will check it out.
- Don't Yell. On the internet, WRITING IN ALL CAPS is considered yelling. Nobody likes to be yelled at, so please make sure your caps lock is off when posting your comments.
- Don't Swear. If you do, your comment will be replaced with "****".
- Don't Upload Inappropriate Photos. They'll be deleted.
- Don't Spam. Of course you have an excellent product or website, but the RealSimple.com comment boards and members' profiles are not the place to advertise it. Please keep your comments relevant and contextual to the conversation.