The workshops are being offered in five different cities, and each one offers a unique lesson for home design enthusiasts.
Not only do we love West Elm for its impeccably designed pieces, but we also remain loyal followers because of their LOCAL artisan initiative, which launched in 2013. The program makes a commitment to the local economy by bringing in items from local artisans that are sold at more than 100 stores—and an assortment online. And now, they’re taking things to the next level by launching West Elm Local Experiences in five cities.
Customers can purchase a West Elm Local Experience with five of their partners from all around the country—and it’s the perfect opportunity to get the creative juices flowing and an excuse for a mini vacation. Programs will last through May 2018 and include a variety of engaging workshops. The experiences start at $130, and you can purchase them online.
The can’t-miss LOCAL experiences include:
- Art Welding with Jack Sanders at his metal work studio with campfire happy hour and live music in Austin, TX
- Natural Indigo Dyeing with Shira Entis conducting an intimate natural fiber indigo dyeing workshop in the artist’s Brooklyn, NY studio
- Draw Charleston with Raven Roxanne and join an artist-led sketch session and hidden gems walk in historic Charleston, SC
- Cutting + Tasting Trays with Andre Sandifer + Abir Ali hosted at a fire station turned furniture design studio in Detroit, MI
- Punch Needle Textiles with Pamela Wiley during a workshop to create a hand-tufted textile composition in Savannah, GA
For more info on the LOCAL program head to their website here.