Set Up an Ideal Office Layout
The most crucial factor in creating a work-friendly environment is an ergonomic and streamlined space. When you sit down at your desk facing your computer, you should:
- Angle your pelvis so that it’s slightly open, at 100 to 110 degrees.
- Bend your elbows at 90 to 110 degrees, so that your hands rest comfortably on the desktop and your upper arms are in line with your torso.
- Place your feet flat on the floor.
- Position your head above your hips and look straight ahead, without craning or straining your neck.
- Have no more than a fist’s space between the back of your knees and the seat of your chair.
- Keep your wrists straight when using the keyboard or the mouse.