4 Ways to Give Your Front Door a Face-Lift
Combine navy stripes, woven rope, and nautical nickel elements to infuse your home with seaside style. Complete the look with wispy beach grass and a sunny shade of yellow on the door.
A dark blue door is a no-fail option for this traditional style. Pair it with bronze finishes and a Grecian urn for a look that will stand the test of time.
- Paint: Manor Hall in Napoleon, from $48 per gallon; ppgpaints.com for info.
- Light fixture: Belden indoor/outdoor sconce, from $279; potterybarn.com.
- Numbers: House numbers in ITC Bookman (4 in.), $80 each; rockymountainhardware.com.
- Planter: Antique rust white urn, $60; jamaligarden.com.
- Plant: Eugenia topiary, $40; costafarms.com for info.
- Doormat: RH Restoration Hardware coir doormat, $75; rh.com.
- Door hardware: Continental Hardware Naples front door handle, $317; themine.com.
A crisp shade of peach combined with clean-lined accessories gives this porch a sleek and contemporary feel.
- Paint: Peachy Keen in Aura Grand Entrance; $47 per quart; benjaminmoore.com.
- Light fixture: Possini Ellis outdoor up-and downlight, $70; lampsplus.com.
- Numbers: Serif house numbers (6 in.), $17 each; rejuvenation.com for similar.
- Planter: Spun planter, $180, and planter stand, $155; yielddesign.co.
- Plant: Monstera deliciosa, $13; costafarms.com for info.
- Doormat: Room Essentials Geo Triangles doormat, $13; target.com..
- Door hardware: Bald handle in Venetian bronze, $310; houzz.com.
Opt for earthy shades, rustic accents, and farm-fresh florals to achieve this casual look. Excess acreage not required.
- Paint: Green Smoke in exterior eggshell, $127 per gallon; farrow-ball.com.
- Light fixture: Carson 12-inch wall sconce, $199; rejuvenation.com.
- Numbers: Black + White number signs (4 in.), $12 each; schoolhouse.com.
- Planter: Rolled rust rim zinc cylinder pot, $50; jamaligarden.com.
- Doormat: Vertical stripe jute doormat, $78; shopterrain.com.
- Door hardware: Kwikset Ashfield Smartkey handleset, $122; lowes.com.