This array gets its contained, systematic style from artwork stacked in columns. Here’s the how-to, plus where to buy the art shown.
Before hanging, trace each frame onto newspaper and play around with the cutouts taped to the wall until you find a setup that feels well-proportioned. Put some of your biggest, boldest pieces below, lining up their bottom edges. Build up vertical columns from there.
The artwork (clockwise):
- Noose by Elaina Sullivan, $61 (20 by 16 inches), artfullywalls.com.
- Artifact Uprising prints and wood cleat, $30 (11.5 by 2 inches), artifactuprising.com.
- 34C, $175 (18 by 24 inches), permanentpresseditionscom.
- Planetary Neighbors by GeekInk Design, $63 (16 by 20 inches), minted.com.
- Striped Suit by Faiths Designs, $81 (18 by 24 inches), minted.com.
- The Lowdown by Karina Bania, $20 (8 by 8 inches), artfullywalls.com.
- Porous #54 by Eunice Kim, $20 (8 by 8 inches), artfullywalls.com.
- Ruth by Tali Yalonetzki, $37 (10 by 14 inches), artfullywalls.com.