These Are the Best Bed Sheets for Your Sleep Personality
When we're on the hunt for the dreamiest set of bed sheets, we chat a lot about thread count and quality and material—but there's one factor many fail to mention: your sleep personality. The truth is, many of us have very different opinions on what the ultimate set of bed sheets should feel like. Some like to wrap themselves in soft, cuddly flannel, while others prefer lightweight, ultra-breathable cotton. To find your dream bed sheets and get the best night's sleep possible, you'll have to start by identifying your own sleep personality.
You may already know your sleep personality (I'll take a crisp percale over a silky sateen any day!), but if you're not sure, the questions below can help guide you. From there, check out our bed sheet recommendations below, arranged by personality type.
- Do you often wake up hot or sweating in the middle of the night?
- Close your eyes and think of adjectives that describe your favorite bedding. What words come to mind? (Is it "smooth" or "soft" or "lightweight" or "comforting" or "velvety"?)
- Do you switch out your bedding between winter and summer? (Your sleep personality may shift with the seasons.)
- On a scale from crisp to silky, how do you like your bed sheets to feel?
- Do you want your sheets to feel ultra-soft from day one, or are you okay with the process of breaking them in?