Clean Your Bathroom, Fast
Time-saving tips and techniques to a quick clean.
Bathroom Cleaning Time-Savers
Make It a HabitMake cleaning the basin as routine as washing your hands. But don't stop there. Get the most out of your premoistened wipe by using it to clean around the edges of the tub and then the toilet before tossing it.
Rub-a-Dub-TubDon't get out of the tub before erasing the filmy ring. Just use your washcloth and soapy bathwater.
Bathroom Cleaning To-Do List
- Wipe out the sink (30 seconds).
- Wipe the toilet seat and rim (15 seconds).
- Swoosh the toilet bowl with a brush (15 seconds).
- Wipe the mirror and faucet (15 seconds).
- Squeegee the shower door (30 seconds).
- Spray the entire shower and the curtain liner with shower mist after every use (15 seconds).
- Scrub the tub (three minutes).
- Scrub the tiles (five minutes).
- Mop the floor (two minutes).
- Wipe the switch plates, doorknobs, and doorjambs (one minute).
- Empty and wipe out the wastebasket (30 seconds).
- Take down the shower curtain, then launder it according to the care instructions.
- Empty, weed, and clean the medicine cabinet (20 minutes).
- Perform shiny sink 101 on the tub and sink.
Supplies to Keep in the Bathroom
- Clorox Disinfecting Wipes ($5, drugstore.com): for cleaning sinks, tubs, tile, and the toilet exterior.
- Method Daily Shower Spray (shown, left; $4, 866-963-8463 or methodhome.com for store locations): to prevent soap-scum buildup on shower walls. It's slightly more expensive than supermarket brands, but it smells much better, and the bottle is attractive enough to be left in view.
- OXO Good Grips Household Squeegee (shown, right; $8, oxo.com): for cleaning the shower door and mirrors.
- Toilet brush with caddy.
- Clorox ReadyMop ($20 for starter kit, drugstore.com): for floors.
- Soft Scrub with Bleach ($5.40, drugstore.com): for scrubbing the tub and tile.
- OXO Good Grips Scrub Brush ($6, oxo.com): for scrubbing the tub and tile.
- Bleach or an all-purpose cleaner: to use in the toilet-brush caddy.
- Windex Glass and Surface Wipes ($3.50, drugstore.com): for mirrors and chrome.