111 Things to Be Thankful for This Year on Thanksgiving
Need a little help brainstorming what you're thankful for? We came up with plenty of reasons to be grateful this Thanksgiving.
2. Netflix's holiday specials.
3. Your parents—because no matter how old you are, they can still solve any problem.
5. The local farmer’s market.
6. The time you get to spend re-reading your favorite books, even if you mask it as “bedtime stories.”
7. Roasted pumpkin seeds, pumpkin pie, and all of the fall flavors.
8. Sweater weather.
9. Sunday afternoons with coffee and a good book.
10. Big piles of leaves that you’re never too old to jump in.
12. Coffee. Coffee. Coffee.
13. Wine. Wine. Wine.
14. The best friend you can call after months apart and pick up right where you left off.
15. Friendsgiving—the chance for two Thanksgiving dinners.
17. Quirky traditions that make your family special.
19. Planes, trains, and automobiles—because they bring you to family or bring family to you for the holiday.
20. Holiday recipes that have been passed down through the family for years.
21. Pints of ice cream.
22. Homemade pumpkin pie.
23. Pumpkin pie filling from a can (we won’t tell!).
24. Your health—even on days when it isn’t perfect.
25. Peanut butter.
27. Every good book you’ve read that has helped you escape for a few hours.
28. The coziest spot in your house.
29. The stash of Halloween candy you snuck out of your kids' bags.
30. Garbage disposals.
31. Younger siblings you still get to protect and older ones who will always protect you.
32. Mason jars, and the Instagram DIY inspiration you can't wait to try making yourself.
34. Delivery food.
35. The presents you have hidden away, knowing they will make your loved ones so happy.
36. Friendships, new and old.
37. Your support system—be it at work, at home, or spread out all over the country.
38. Correct grammar.
39. The second royal wedding.
40. Apple cider cocktails.
41. Cocktails, in general.
42. The snooze button.
43. Sweatpants. And elastic waistbands.
44. Cheese. Cheese plates. Macaroni and cheese. Grilled cheese.
45. Caller I.D.
46. Laundry machines.
47. The people in your life who have been stand-in mothers and fathers whenever you’ve needed them.
48. Color-coordinated office supplies.
49. Baby giggles.
50. Snail mail.
51. Family vacations.
52. Your nieces, your nephews, your grandchildren.
53. Wool socks.
54. The healing power of music.
55. Freshly cut flowers.
56. Headphones on the subway.
57. Vacation days.
58. Fall leaves changing colors.
59. Early sunsets because they bring your kids to the kitchen table sooner.
60. A Cookie-a-Day Calendar.
61. Chocolate cereal with coconut milk.
62. Cats that have finally been trained to drink from water bowls instead of toilet bowls.
63. Air fresheners.
64. Spaghetti squash.
65. The hours between 8 pm and 10 pm when everyone is asleep and the house is quiet.
67. Babysitters who also clean up.
68. Spellcheck. (But not Autocorrect.)
69. Your new puppy—who finally learned to sleep in.
70. Candles that make your home smell like the holidays.
71. This giant cookie cake.
72. Movies you can watch again and again.
73. Songs that hit the spot on repeat.
74. Healthy children.
75. Peppermint gum.
76. The Weather Channel iPhone app.
77. Mugs that tell it like it is.
78. Sisters who you can run any dilemma by, personal or professional, and get answers that keep you grounded and grant perspective.
79. S’mores and campfires.
80. Lilacs in the spring.
81. Americanah, by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
82. Blanket forts.
83. A cake that doesn’t stick to the pan.
84. The perfect playlist.
85. Thick albums full of photos.
86. Hot sauce.
87. A continuous string of green lights when you’re already running late.
88. Instant oatmeal.
89. Pretty stationery.
90. A really good hug.
91. Long drives on open roads.
92. A heartfelt thank you note.
93. The last slice of pie.
94. A table full of people who can tell stories from a shared childhood.
95. A scenic running trail.
96. Your child’s hilarious, brutal honesty.
97. A cookbook full of recipes you’ve tried and trust.
98. Holiday sales.
99. A friendly neighbor you can count on for sugar or just a hello.
100. Cozy sheets on chilly mornings.
101. Butternut squash.
102. The smell of lavender.
103. Date nights.
104. The snooze button.
105. Really good co-workers.
106. Belly laughs.
107. The barista who knows your coffee order by heart.
108. Saturday mornings.
109 Snow days.
110. Mason jar salads (yea, we're really into mason jars).
111. Real Simple.