We know what you’re thinking: You’d never give party guests an empty toilet paper tube. Those cardboard cylinders belong in the recycling bin. Well you might be surprised at just how much you can do with something that seems like trash at first glance.
Empty toilet paper tubes are perfectly shaped for housing little candies—and when wrapped with a festive napkin, you’d never know the item was once a utilitarian part of your bathroom.
Fill these adorable critters with your favorite mini treats (go for wrapped candy if you’re a little squeamish about that whole toilet paper thing), then place them in your kids’ Easter baskets or in a basket for guests to take home as they leave brunch.
What You Need
- Empty toilet paper tubes
- Yellow and white cocktail napkins
- Double-sided tape
- Dental floss
- Orange and pink paper
- White craft glue or glue dot
- Black pen
Follow These Steps
- Open a yellow cocktail napkin, with the colored side down.
- Place cardboard tube in the center of the napkin at one edge. Secure with double-sided tape.
- Roll the napkin around the tube and secure with tape once more.
- Tuck the napkin into the bottom of the tube, closing this end.
- Fill tube with candy and treats from top.
- Tie the top with dental floss. Trim ends of floss.
- For the chick, fringe top to resemble feathers. Fold orange paper and cut small triangle for beak. Attach with glue or glue dot. Draw eyes with pen.
- For the bunny, trim top ends into bunny ears. Cut nose from paper and attach with glue or glue dot. Draw face with pen.