This Halloween, skip the traditional clown costume and upgrade to the equally artsy—but way cooler—look: the Joker (no red nose or wig required). This also works as a great couple costume if your partner, friend, or child (cute!) is dressing up as Batman. Just grab a red lip liner and press play.
What You Need
- Light foundation
- Pink blush
- Red lip liner
- Eyeshadow brush
- Purple eyeshadow (shimmery is best)
- Black liquid eyeliner
- Black mascara
- Red lip gloss
Follow These Steps
- Apply a light foundation all over your face. Choose the lightest one you can get your hands on to mimic the character's white complexion.
- Brush on pink blush, starting at the apples of your cheeks and blending upward to your temples.
- Using red lip liner, trace around your upper and lower lash lines. Grab an eyeshadow brush and blend the liner up past your crease.
- Layer purple eyeshadow (a shimmery formula looks best) on top of it, then smudge it along your bottom lash lines.
- Apply black liquid eyeliner along your top lash lines, winging it out at the corners.
- Coat top and bottom lashes with black mascara, adding more to the outer corners.
- Pick up the liquid eyeliner again and draw a line down at the center of the bottom lash line (on one eye only).
- Using the same red lip liner, trace your lips, extending the outer corners to achieve those iconic Joker-esque lips. Fill in lips with the liner, then top with red lip gloss.
Throw on a purple blazer (a sweater or robe works in a pinch) and scrunch your hair with gel to complete the look.