No time to hunt down a Halloween costume? No problem. Just grab your makeup bag and follow this handy how-to. With a few easy makeup moves, you'll be transformed into a dark fairy—one part goth; one part gorgeous—in five minutes flat. The best part: You can simply throw on black clothes and wrap your hair into a high bun to complete the look.
What You Need
- Light foundation
- Highlighter (or light eyeshadow)
- Bronzer (or brown eyeshadow)
- Black eyeliner
- Black eyeshadow
- White eyeliner
- False eyelashes (optional)
- Water-based airbrush paint (optional)
Follow These Steps
- Apply a light foundation all over your face. Use a slightly lighter shade than you normally would to achieve an icy effect.
- Use a highlighter to give the tops of your cheekbones, the center of your nose, and your Cupid's bow slight shimmer. If you don't have highlighter handy, a light eyeshadow will do the trick.
- Contour your face by brushing matte bronzer or brown eyeshadow along the hollows of your cheeks. Tip: Make a fish face to locate them.
- Using black eyeliner, color in your lid, stopping at your crease, then rim your bottom lash lines. Set the liner with black eyeshadow and blend.
- Apply white eyeliner to your waterline (the fleshy part between your eye and lower eyelid).
- Brush on a few coats of mascara to top and bottom lashes. To add more drama, glue on false eyelashes (sold at drugstores). Pro trick: Pick up white water-based airbrush paint, like Createx Colors Opaque White ($5, coastairbrush.com), and coat the tips of the false lashes with it an hour before you apply them.