3 Clever Ways to Style Your Bar Cart for Holiday Parties
Holiday parties are only as good as their food, decor, and company. We'll let you take care of the company, but we've got the rest.
‘Tis the holiday season, which means parties are in full swing. Whether you’re hosting a celebration or preparing for last-minute guests, it’s a good idea always to have your bar fully equipped and ready to serve seasonal treats this time of year. A decked-out bar cart is a great way to entertain guests with drinks and refreshments while adding a festive touch.
Nearly as important as the fancy libations themselves is how the drinks are presented. Knowing how to style your bar cart will give you an opportunity to set the mood and add a little personal flair to any type of party you're hosting–whether it's a happy hour with coworkers or a formal dinner party. It’s a good idea to keep in mind color palette, scale, theme, and audience when creating your bar cart's presentation–a well-designed bar cart can play an invaluable role in successful holiday get togethers, so it’s important to get it just right.
Here are three fun ways to style your bar cart that are guaranteed to spread the cheer.
Citrus Themed: Merry and Bright
Wrap your bar cart in a Eucalyptus garland.
- Pitcher of Punch: We recommend this Sidecar punch.
- Plate of brunch snacks, like these mini herb frittatas, sundried tomato and rosemary biscuits with prosciutto, and smoked salmon triangles
- Glasses with rims dipped in sugar, citrus twist garnish
- Cocktail napkins
- Sliced citrus, like oranges and grapefruit
- Cake stand topped with pomander balls
- Decorative glass jar full of colorful ribbon candy
- Ice bucket
- Bottle of rosé
- Wine glasses or champagne flutes
- Sparkling water
Winter Whites: Winter Wonderland
- Bowl of Punch: We recommend Kalimotxo
- White floral arrangement in pitcher
- Candles nestled in a glass votive holder filled with cranberries
- Lowball glasses
- Bowl of maraschino cherries
- Plate of hors d'oeuvres, like pears with blue cheese and prosciutto
- Sheepskin laid on bottom shelf
- Small apothecary vase filled with mints
- Bowl of whole nuts and nutcracker
- Wine and other spirits in decanters
Silver & Gold
Cart wrapped in pine garland and string lights. For an added seasonal touch, use snowflake string lights ($10; homedepot.com).
- Martini glasses garnished with olives and filled with–you guessed it–martinis
- Cocktail shaker
- Jar of olives and toothpicks
- Bowl of spiced nuts like pecans and walnuts with pepitas
- Charcuterie platter
- Glass vase filled with silver/gold bells
- Bucket filled with ice and beers
- Bowl of lemons
- Bar tools