1. Stubby, half-melted candle nubs.
2. Faded front-yard figures or inflatables.
3. Not-your-taste ornaments given to you by well-meaning friends. Donate them to a school, a church, or a senior center. Also, scrap those broken beyond repair. Take photos if they have sentimental value.
4. Twinkle lights gone mysteriously dark—even if you know they were working perfectly 11 months ago.
5. The cards you received last year. It’s sweet to pack them away with the decorations and then enjoy them once more when you unbox everything. But after this stroll down memory lane, say sayonara.