28 Heart-Warming Christmas Card Sayings Everyone on Your Mailing List Will Love
Christmas cards may have changed a lot in the last few years—photo cards are all the rage, digital or e-cards are almost as popular as paper ones, and foil-printing is the look du jour—but Christmas card sayings, the notes or phrases you use in your annual send, remain the same. (They're sort of like Christmas quotes or gift exchange ideas in that way.)
You're likely a pro at Christmas and holiday celebrations by now; you know how to put lights on a Christmas tree and purchase all your Christmas gifts well ahead of time. Your watch-list of Christmas movies on Netflix is probably ironclad well before the season begins, but if you still struggle with finding the right Christmas card or holiday card sayings every year, you're not alone.
The difficulty lies in finding the perfect term—especially if you do a batch order of cards to send out—to both represent your family and share holiday cheer with the recipient. If you rely on pre-made cards, you might not struggle too much, but if you still write out a personalized note on every card you send, finding the right phrasing can be a huge distraction from all your well-laid holiday plans.
However you celebrate the season, these Christmas card sayings and quotes will help you make your holiday cards the best they can be, so you can focus on eating more peppermint bark.
Christmas card sayings
1. Warm wishes
2. Love and joy
3. We wish you a merry Christmas
4. Have yourself a merry little Christmas
5. Joyeux Noël [French for Merry Christmas]
6. Be merry, be bright
7. Blessed tidings
8. All is calm, all is bright
9. Sending you peace, love, and joy this holiday season
10. Happy holidays from our family to yours
11. Keep calm and jingle all the way
12. Wishing you love, light, and laughter
13. May your days be merry and bright
14. Merry everything and a happy always
15. Wishing you joy
16. Oh, what fun!
17. 'Tis the season
18. Let it snow!
19. For auld lang syne, my dear!
20. Warmest wishes for a happy holiday
21. Wishing you the best this holiday season
22. Merry Christmas from our family to yours
23. "The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event." —J.B. Priestley
24. "O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree / How faithful are thy branches!" —traditional German carol with lyrics occasionally credited to August Zarnack
25. "Announced by all the trumpets of the sky, / Arrives the snow." —Ralph Waldo Emerson
26. "There are those who give with joy, and that joy is their reward." —Kahlil Gibran
27. "Joy is prayer / Joy is strength / Joy is love / Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls." —Mother Teresa
28. "Ring, happy bells, across the snow: / The year is going, let him go." —Alfred, Lord Tennyson