How to Make a Buckingham Palace Advent Calendar
This DIY decoration is fit for a royal family.
Even if your home isn’t a palace, you can still give it the royal treatment with this DIY Buckingham Palace Advent Calendar. Start by printing out the design, then assemble the pages into an impressive 11-by-30-inch palace for your family to admire. Every day from December 1 to Christmas Day, you or your little ones can open one window of the palace to peek at the pretty design hiding behind. On Christmas morning, get ready for a visit from the royal family.
What You Need
- Large poster board (at least 11-by-30 inches)
- Glue stick
- Cutting mat
- Craft knife
- Large foam board (at least 11-by-30 inches)
- Buckingham Palace template
Follow These Steps
- Print out all 10 pages of the Buckingham Palace design on 8½-by-11-inch paper.
- Cut off the white borders, following the dotted lines, on the sheets labeled Exterior 1 to 5. Then glue all 5 sheets onto the poster board, lining up the edges of each section. Let dry.
- Working on a cutting mat, use a craft knife to cut along the top, left, and bottom of each window frame, leaving the right edge of each window intact.
- Cut off the borders, following the dotted lines, on the sheets labeled Interior 1 to 5. Then glue the sheets onto foam board, lining up the edges of each section. Let dry.
- Apply glue along the outer edge of the back of the poster board, then adhere it on top of the foam board. To count down to Christmas, open one window of the palace each day, and open the front door on Christmas morning.
Designed by Rebecca Hart