Chocolate Easter Nests
Put together this super-sweet, 5-ingredient holiday treat in 30 minutes or less.
These cute, no-bake candy nests are molded from coconut chips and toasted almonds tossed with rich white chocolate. Finishing them off with store-bought lemon curd and candy-coated almonds means they're easy enough for kids to help with, yet sophisticated enough for adults to enjoy, too. Though we love the classic look of the white chocolate, for a whimsical pop of color, you could try substituting pastel-colored candy melts instead. Wilton makes a variety of options, with specialty varieties available for Easter.
Hands-On Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1¼ cups unsweetened coconut chips
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 12 oz (2 cups) highquality white chocolate chips (such asValhrona) or melting wafers
- ⅓ cup lemon curd
- 10 oz. Jordan almonds
1. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine the coconut chips, coconut flakes, and almonds in a large bowl.
3. Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave in 30-second bursts, stirring frequently, or in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Add the melted chocolate to the coconut and almond mixture and stir until well combined.
4. Spoon the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets in heaping tablespoons. Use your fingers to arrange each mound so it is indented in the center like a nest. Transfer baking sheets to the refrigerator and chill until the chocolate has hardened, about 10 minutes.
5. Spoon 1 teaspoon of lemon curd into the hollow of each nest and top with Jordan almonds.
Recipe by Jackie Alpers