This craft was developed exclusively for Real Simple by Michaels.
So you think you’ve mastered the art of gift wrapping? We thought we had too—but then we discovered a fun and super fast way to wrap gifts. Now, we’re speeding through presents so fast that there’s extra time to get creative with the trimmings. Try your hand at pop-up wrapping, fringe tassels, DIY gift tags, or even this glamorous rhinestone gift topper.
What You’ll Need:
- Recollections Adhesive Tape
- White Frame Box by Celebrate It
- Bead Landing Cupchain Spool – Clear Hamilton Gold
- 1 - Celebrate It Christmas Pick – Peppermint Lane Tree
- 1 - Celebrate It Christmas Glitter Picks – Champagne Metallic Circles
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Wire Cutters
- Place a length of adhesive tape down the center of the box lid, lengthwise, and extend the tape down the side of the lid. Trim with scissors.
- Place a second and third length of adhesive tape to the right and left of the center strip, using about ¼” space between each length.
- Lay rhinestone chain down the center, over the adhesive tape strip. Cut chain with wire cutters.
- Repeat step 3 for the remaining strips on either side of the center strip.
- Cut a round gold medallion off the pick stem and glue down onto the center of the box on top of the rhinestone chain, using a dab of hot glue.
- Pull a Silver poinsettia off the pick stem and glue on top of the Gold round medallion, using a dab of hot glue to hold in place.