When there’s a big heap of boxes under the tree, this DIY rhinestone gift wrap will ensure your present gets picked from the pile first.
This craft was developed exclusively for Real Simple by Michaels.
So you think you’ve mastered the art of gift wrapping? We thought we had too—but then we discovered a fun and super fast way to wrap gifts. Now, we’re speeding through presents so fast that there’s extra time to get creative with the trimmings. Try your hand at pop-up wrapping, fringe tassels, DIY gift tags, or even this glamorous rhinestone gift topper.
What You’ll Need:
- Recollections Adhesive Tape
- White Frame Box by Celebrate It
- Bead Landing Cupchain Spool – Clear Hamilton Gold
- 1 - Celebrate It Christmas Pick – Peppermint Lane Tree
- 1 - Celebrate It Christmas Glitter Picks – Champagne Metallic Circles
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Wire Cutters
- Place a length of adhesive tape down the center of the box lid, lengthwise, and extend the tape down the side of the lid. Trim with scissors.
- Place a second and third length of adhesive tape to the right and left of the center strip, using about ¼” space between each length.
- Lay rhinestone chain down the center, over the adhesive tape strip. Cut chain with wire cutters.
- Repeat step 3 for the remaining strips on either side of the center strip.
- Cut a round gold medallion off the pick stem and glue down onto the center of the box on top of the rhinestone chain, using a dab of hot glue.
- Pull a Silver poinsettia off the pick stem and glue on top of the Gold round medallion, using a dab of hot glue to hold in place.