This 3D technique provides some serious wow factor for both kids and adults. Take some scenic or graphic wrapping paper and use the details on it to create some cool pop-up shapes.
What You Need
- Gift box
- Patterned and solid colored gift wrap
- Double-stick tape
- Craft mat (optional)
- X-acto knife
Follow These Steps
- Trace around the box with the pencil.
- Cut out pop-up shapes with the X-acto knife. You’ll need to cut about three-quarters of the way around each shape, leaving the bottom of the form attached. If you’re an amateur crafter and it’s a basic shape, you can use small scissors. Poke the point through the back of the paper and cut out the forms. If you’re a skilled crafter with an intricate design, you’ll get more precision with an X-acto knife. Lay a craft mat or plastic cutting board on the surface first to protect it.
- Apply solid color gift wrap to the top of the box.
- Wrap the gift with the pop-up paper. Fold up each shape, pressing hard on the crease so that each stands up.