How To: Make a Cosmopolitan
Every good hostess should master one great cocktail recipe, and tasty cosmopolitans are always impressive crowd-pleasers. Follow the quick technique shown in this video and your guests will be raising a glass to you in no time. Cheers!
What You Need
- cocktail shaker with lid, strainer, ice cubes, martini glass, vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice, half a lime, lime slice for garnish
Follow These Steps
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway full with ice
To make one drink, fill your cocktail shaker about halfway with ice cubes.
- Add two ounces of vodka
Pour two ounces, which is approximately two shot glasses or a little less than 1/4 cup, of your favorite vodka.
- Add one ounce of cranberry juice
Pour one ounce of cranberry juice (or two tablespoons) into shaker.
Tip: Add grapefruit juice instead of cranberry juice for a signature twist.
- Add half an ounce of orange-flavored liquer
Pour half an ounce (or one tablespoon) of triple sec or any other orange-flavored liqueur to give it a citrus kick.
- Add half an ounce of fresh lime juice
Juice half a lime (for about half and ounce of juice) right into the cocktail shaker.
- Cover and shake
Cover and shake well. This mixes the ingredients, chills the drink, and slightly dilutes alcohol with ice. Strain, serve in a Martini glass, and garnish with a lime slice.