Food Recipes Holiday Brigadeiros 5.0 (1) Add your rating & review These Brazilian treats get the holiday treatment for a festive party or joyful gift-giving. By Lizzy Briskin Lizzy Briskin Website Lizzy is the food editor at Real Simple magazine. She received professional chef's training at Cambridge School of Culinary Arts in Cambridge Massachusetts and holds and BA in English from Amherst College. Previously, she worked as a freelance food writer, recipe developer, and food photographer for publications and food companies including Runner's World, Insider, and the Chicago Tribune. She also ran Earthen Food Co., a content production and personal chef business in Boston, Massachusetts. Real Simple's Editorial Guidelines Published on November 18, 2022 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Prep Time: 30 mins Total Time: 1 hrs 30 mins Servings: 42 Yield: 42 Jump to Nutrition Facts Brigadeiros are a traditional Brazilian bite-size dessert made with sweetened condensed milk and cocoa powder. They’re incredibly easy to make and only require three simple ingredients plus a pinch of salt and your sparkly, festive toppings of choice. The sweetened condensed milk and cocoa mixture must thicken before it sets in the refrigerator to ensure that the fudge balls hold their shape. The fun part is picking your favorite toppings. Go as joyful as you’d like with holiday sprinkles and edible glitter or take a neutral yet delicious approach with shredded coconut, or very finely crushed nuts like pistachios, pecans, or walnuts. Ingredients 1 14-oz.can sweetened condensed milk 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 2 tablespoons heavy cream 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt cooking spray sprinkles (optional, for garnish) finely crushed nuts (optional, for garnish) coconut flakes (optional, for garnish) edible glitter (optional, for garnish) Directions Place condensed milk, cocoa powder, cream, and salt in a small sauce pan. Cook over medium, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick and nearly solid, about 10 minutes. (Mixture is done when you run a spatula across bottom and pan stays visible for several seconds before filling in.) Pour mixture into a loaf pan or mixing bowl coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until very firm, at least 1 hour and up to 1 day. Spread desired toppings in even layers on separate plates. Coat your hands with cooking spray and roll cocoa mixture into 1/2-tablespoon balls, working quickly to avoid warming mixture. Immediately roll each ball in toppings. Refrigerate brigadeiros, covered, for up to 3 days. Enjoy chilled or at room temperature. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 45 Calories 1g Fat 7g Carbs 1g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 42 Calories 45 % Daily Value * Total Fat 1g 2% Saturated Fat 1g 4% Cholesterol 5mg 2% Sodium 24mg 1% Total Carbohydrate 7g 3% Dietary Fiber 0g 0% Total Sugars 7g Protein 1g Vitamin C 0mg 2% Calcium 37mg 3% Iron 0mg 1% Potassium 48mg 1% *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.