15 Healthy Grocery Items to Buy at Aldi
Aldi carries many of the essentials you need for a healthy lifestyle—without breaking the bank.
With groceries priced about 30 percent lower than at most other supermarkets, Aldi is undoubtedly a budget-friendly place to shop. What you may not know is that it’s health-friendly, too. From organic quinoa and kale to sprouted breads and almond butter, here are our top healthy picks from the popular grocery store.
- Organic Cage-Free Brown Eggs: Aldi’s certified-organic eggs (they come from sustainable farms and are free of hormones) are incredible, edible, and economical.
- Organic 100% Grass Fed 85/15 Ground Beef: With no added antibiotics, growth hormones or artificial ingredients, this 85 percent lean ground beef is the best bet for your next burger.
- Organic Soy Milk: The plant-based among us can enjoy this non-GMO, organic, calcium-rich soy milk in Vanilla or Original.
- Organic Yogurt: Rich in calcium, protein, and probiotics, Aldi’s organic yogurts are perfect for your next parfait.
- Organic Frozen Blueberries and Strawberries: Organic berries at Aldi prices? Sold. Blend these antioxidant-packed jewels into your next smoothie for a majorly affordable treat.
- Organic Greens: Spinach, arugula, spring mix, oh my! And did we mention organic kale? Packed with vitamins A and C, iron, and folic acid, these leaves pack a seriously nutritious punch.
- Organic Granolas, Cereals, and Oats: From Organic Coconut and Chia Granola to Organic Maple Spice Instant Oatmeal, Aldi’s array of cereals has you covered for breakfast.
- Organic Spices: Rev up your metabolism with organic cayenne, or soothe inflammation with ground cinnamon.
- Sprouted Breads: The grains in this 100 percent whole wheat, non-GMO bread are sprouted to unlock essential nutrients before baking.
- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar lowers glucose levels, supports alkalinity, and promotes clear skin. You can even use it to combat cold and flu season with this soothing elixir.
- Organic Coconut Oil: Whether you plan to bake with it or use it as skincare, a jar of this oil is waiting for you at your neighborhood Aldi.
- Almond Butter: Loaded with calcium, vitamin E, magnesium and healthy fats, almond butter is a great choice for school lunches, snacks, and breakfast, too.
- Organic Wildflower Honey: Harvested from organic honeycomb, this sweetener is the bee’s knees when it comes to nutrition: it’s full of antioxidants and can help combat allergies.
- Organic Quinoa: This protein, iron, and lysine-rich little seed was an Incan staple over three thousand years ago. Today, you can find it at Aldi.
- Organic Flax Seeds: Packed with omega-3 essential fatty acids, flax seeds promote heart and brain health. When ground and mixed with water, they can act as an egg replacer.
RELATED: The 4 Best Grocery Items to Buy at Aldi
For even more nutritious picks, check out our complete healthy grocery shopping list.