- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, cut in half and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 8 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness® or Certified Organic)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup uncooked campanelle pasta
- 2 cups roasted chicken cut into strips
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until they begin to brown, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to medium. Cook until the onions are tender and caramelized, stirring occasionally. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Heat the broth, black pepper, carrots and celery in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Stir the campanelle and chicken in the saucepan. Reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 10 minutes or until the campanelle is tender. Stir in the onions and serve immediately.