- 1 package Simply Potatoes® Red Potato Wedges
- 12 ounces uncooked penne or fusilli pasta
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, cut into thin slices
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons prepared basil pesto
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded Crystal Farms® Asiago & Parmesan Cheese
- Place potatoes in large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; simmer 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, but after first 5 minutes add green beans. Continue cooking until pasta and beans are just tender (about 13 minutes total). Drain well, reserving ⅓ cup cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir red pepper and garlic 1 to 2 minutes. Add potatoes, pesto, salt and pepper to skillet; cook and stir 1 minute.
- In large serving bowl, toss hot cooked pasta and beans with pesto-potato mixture and reserved cooking liquid. Serve immediately garnished with cheese and freshly ground pepper.