Grab-and-Go Snack Stashes
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.
Snack container crackers
Credit: Mark Lund
Set up these self-serve stations so kids never again have to plead, "Mom...?" when a snack attack hits.
Pantry Snack Station
- Fish-shaped crackers (best bet: the kind sold at health-food stores that don't have hydrogenated oils)
- A Real Simple kids' mix: Cheerios, raisins, almonds, pretzels, and chocolate chips
- Fruit leathers
- Graham crackers
- Raisins or other dried fruits
For more nutritious options between meals, see Real Simple’s list of healthy snacks.
Refrigerator Snack Station
- Jar of peanut butter (preferably the natural kind, for dipping)
- String cheese
- Assorted crudités—baby-cut carrots, celery sticks, pepper slices—in plastic bags
- Orange segments
- Lunch-meat roll-ups (like turkey-and-Swiss or ham-and-Cheddar)
- Tub of hummus (for dipping)