The 15 Best Food Storage Containers for Every Kitchen's Needs, According to Reviews
One of the most important factors to consider when shopping for food storage containers is the material they're made out of. While glass food storage containers are super versatile (many are oven-safe), plastic options are typically more lightweight, which makes them easy to stash in your bag during your commute. While some people still prefer glass over plastic to avoid chemicals leaching into food, it's also important to note that all of the plastic containers on this list are BPA-free.
Since there are so many different types of food storage containers available on the market, we scoured the internet to find the ones that are actually worth buying. From space-saving plastic canisters that will instantly organize your pantry to leakproof containers with over 31,000 five-star ratings, there's an option for you on this list.
These are the best food storage containers to buy in 2021, according to thousands of customer reviews:
- Best Glass: Pyrex Simply Store Meal Prep Glass Food Storage Containers
- Best Plastic: Fullstar Plastic Food Storage Containers with Lids
- Best Leakproof Option: Rubbermaid Brilliance Plastic Food Containers
- Most Affordable: DuraHome Food Storage Containers With Lids
- Best With Dividers: Prep Naturals Two-Compartment Glass Containers
- Best for Pantry: Oxo Good Grips POP Container Set
- Best Space-Saving Option: Joseph Joseph Nest Lock Plastic Food Storage Container Set
- Easiest to Clean: Oxo Good Grips Smart Seal Glass Food Storage Container
- Best for Produce: Rubbermaid FreshWorks Saver Produce Storage Containers
- Best for Cereal: Simple Gourmet Cereal Container Storage Set
- Best for Meal Prep: Freshware Meal Prep Containers
- Best Silicone: Stasher Silicone Reusable Storage Bag
- Editor's Pick: Ball Wide Mouth Glass Mason Jars
- Best for Soup: Ziploc Twist 'n Loc Storage Containers for Food
- Best for Counter: Oggi Clear Acrylic Canister with Locking Clamp
Keep reading to learn more about the best food storage containers for bringing meals to work, keeping leftovers fresh, and storing food long-term.