- 1 recipe basic flaky piecrust
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 1 15-ounce can unsweetened sweet potato puree
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- sweetened whipped cream, for serving
- Heat oven to 350° F with the rack in the lowest position. Roll the dough into a 12-inch circle on a floured work surface. Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. Trim the dough to a 1-inch overhang and tuck under itself to form a thick rim; crimp the edge. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine the sweet potato puree, flour, sugar, cream, eggs, butter, vanilla, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl. Pour the mixture into the chilled piecrust and bake until the center is set but still slightly wobbly, 50 to 55 minutes. Let cool.
- Serve with the whipped cream.