Trader Joe’s Just Released Their 15 Favorite Recipes
From citrusy baked oatmeal to spicy cornbread, these dishes are sure to become part of your weekly rotation.
If Trader Joes’ recipes are anything like their products, we’re about to fall in love—and fast. In this month’s Fearless Flyer (the grocery store’s monthly newsletter), Trader Joe’s unleashed 15 of their all-time favorite recipes, starring their own cult-favorite products. They’re all perfectly suited for chilly weather, so stop by your local store and whip one up tonight.
- Kiss My Cornbread With Jalapeños and Bacon: This spicy side dish comes together quickly, thanks to Trader Joes’ Cornbread Mix, Hot & Sweet Jalapeños, and Uncured Applewood Smoked Bacon. Top with their Clarified Butter and a drizzle of honey for a sweet-and-savory finish.
- Sweet Balls of Fire: This three-ingredient appetizer will quickly become a favorite for easy entertaining. All you need is TJ’s Organic Reduced Sugar Raspberry Preserves, Sweet Chili Sauce, and Turkey Meatballs.
- Acai Smoothie Bowl: Store-bought acai bowls are often loaded with sugar, and aren’t exactly easy on the wallet. Trader Joes’ acai puree packets are sugar-free, and a pack of four costs just $4.50. Top the smoothie bowl with Toasted Coconut Granola and Fancy Medjool Dates.
- Hot Link Hash: TJ’s Uncured Pork & Beef Hot Link Sausages and Roasted Potatoes With Peppers & Onions combine for an easy, flavorful breakfast packed with spice.
- Citrusy Baked Oatmeal: Perhaps the best make-ahead breakfast there is, this oatmeal is packed with citrus, and is guaranteed to be a total crowd-pleaser. Go Raw Trek Mix is added for extra crunch.
- Overnight Y’Oats: This creative breakfast (a play on yogurt and oats) requires just four ingredients: Rolled Oats, Trader Joe’s Almond Beverage, Greek Style Yogurt, and Chia Seeds. Stir them together in a resealable jar, and you’ll have a creamy treat waiting for you in the morning.
- Frank’s Blueberry Muffins: The recipe for these mega muffins was born in a TJ staffer’s home kitchen. Frank makes them with Trader Joe’s Frozen Blueberries, and suggests serving them warm, with butter.
- Sunflower Seed Spread Cookies: Forget peanut butter cookies. These 5-ingredient treats are made with Unsweetened Sunflower Seed Spread for a simple, chewy, nut-free cookie.
- Banana Bread With Roasted Cocoa Nibs: What do you get when you combine Banana Bread Mix and Organic Tahini? A loaf of savory, golden banana bread that will quickly be devoured.
- Savory Butternut Squash Soup: While you heat up a box of Trader Joes’ famous Butternut Squash Soup, you’ll sauté Sweet Italian Pork Sausage to crumble overtop (along with cheese and chives, of course). Genius.
- Fancy Figgy Glazed Chicken: This recipe takes the intimidation out of chicken by providing you with the Fig Butter and Whole Grain Dijon Mustard for the glaze. The result is a surprisingly elegant main dish.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chile Verde: If you need to feed a crowd, this chicken is your answer: it comes together in the slow cooker and is served with Salsa Verde and Brown Rice.
- Channa Masala Pasties: When you wrap Trader Joe’s Pie Crusts around Channa Masala, you get a pasty: a hand-held savory dish popular in Cornwall, England.
- Cowboy Quinoa Bake: Everyone loves a good black bean and corn salsa, so why not use it for more than just a dip? Here, Trader Joes’ Cowboy Caviar Salsa is added to Tricolor Quinoa and mixed with diced tomatoes for a hearty lunch best served with sour cream and cilantro.
- Warm Cruciferous Cranberry Slaw: This winter-y side dish transforms Cruciferous Crunch slaw into a warm, flavorful salad.
RELATED: How to Make a Yogurt Breakfast Bowl
While you're at Trader Joe's, be sure to pick up some of our favorite healthy product picks.