Start by mastering this classic recipe, then experiment with adding spices, fresh herbs, or even fruit.
What You Need
- Coarse salt
- 2 lime wedges
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- 1 ounce lime juice
Follow These Steps
- Add ¼-inch coarse salt to a shallow dish.
- Moisten the rim of an old-fashioned glass with a lime wedge.
- Roll rim of glass in salt until the entire outer edge is covered.
- Fill glass with ice.
- Combine 1 oz. Cointreau, 2 oz. silver tequila, and 1 oz. lime juice in an ice-filled cocktail shaker.
- Shake well.
- Strain into salt-rimmed glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.